Question

SOLID DIFFERENCE

• 20 August 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi,

I want to compute a solid difference and a get no result through difference port.

The two solid feature class are obtained by extruding polygons.

Any ideas about what might the problem be?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

I guess you are refering to the CSGBuilder, when you mean the difference port.

I dont use the 3D transformers as much as I would like, but still...acoording to the documentation:

Any features that do not have solid geometry, or extra features that come after the first feature with solid geometry in each group, are output through the UNUSED port.

Are the features comming out via the UNUSED port? or are you using a group by ?

Itay
Badge
Hi,

Thank you for your respons

The main problem is that I don't have a common atribute to group the features by, so i couldn't use the group by feature. All the features are comming out through UNUSED port.

I don't know exacly how CSGBuilder works when group by is not specified.

I've done a test on two feature clases containing one object each, and it worked. So the problem is that a have more then one features in my .shp file that "intersects" one or more features in the other .shp file.

Between the two shape files it is not a relation one on one, but rather many on many.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

In this case I would create a common attribute for each pair for features that intersect (spatial relator).

As described in the documentation all features other than the first features having the group by attribute will be ignored.