Question

FME CONNECTION

• 28 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Dear FME users,

I have the error: Error decrypting data. Most likely this is because the encryption key is incorrect. Please contact your administrator to retrieve the correct encryption key.

System;

Remote environment: Windows Server 2012 R2 machines with RDP (remote desktop)

The workspace is managed by RES/Ivanti v10.2. with separate autorisation

Environment variables for Oracle on server

Path=C:\\ProgramData\\Oracle\\Java\\javapath;C:\\Windows\\system32;C:\\Windows;C:\\Windows\\System32\\Wbem;C:\\Windows\\System32\\WindowsPowerShell\\v1.0\\;I:\\APP\\Oracle\\Client11g\\X32\\Client\\bin

TNS_ADMIN=I:\\APP\\Oracle\\network\\admin

and FME: PATH=I:\\APP\\Oracle\\client11g\\x64\\11.2.0\\client_1\\bin;%PATH%

The netwokdisk "I" is mapped for every employee.

Collegue:

With 2 colleges we work with FME.

In FME options we have the following in Default Path:

Connection Data Directory : I:\\APPDATA\\FME\\FME_Conn

Public key file : I:\\APPDATA\\FME\\FME_Conn\\fme_publicKey.jceks

Private key file : "C:\\Users\\piep0804\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME\\fme_privateKey.jceks"

In the Database connections we only use PUBLIC connections.

The only difference between us is that my collegue works on a different remote environment.

Connection string:

When he changes a connection-string (remove and create the same string) I get the following error when I use the same connectionstring:

Error decrypting data. Most likely this is because the encryption key is incorrect. Please contact your administrator to retrieve the correct encryption key.

Error decrypting data. Most likely this is because the encryption key is incorrect. Please contact your administrator to retrieve the correct encryption key.

This error occurs even when I close FME and reboot my system.

When I then change the same string (remove and create the same string) he will get the same error.

Question:

What causes this problem?

Is there a logfile with more information we can study and where can we find this?

Many thanks for your support

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi @perry

Sounds like a tricky issue. What could be happening here is that somehow the encyption key (public) being used by both users is different. Perhaps the mapped drive path is slightly different on each machine or the filename is slightly different. It may be something small and not obvious at first glance.

What I can suggest that if this is still happening, contact Safe support directly at https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ and do the following:

Send your directory after each of you (Separately) create a new connection (create these using different names and mention which ones were created). The team can take a look at the database to see what key was used for each connection.

I hope that gives you a path forward. Hopefully, this resolves quickly.

Kind regards,

Brian

Badge +2

Hello Brian, @brianatsafe

today I made a call with attatchments as you suggested. I hope I'll get a solution soon.

Many thanks

Badge +2

@chrisatsafe

Dear Chris,

thanks for your reply.

".First, the public key file should be moved to somewhere where both users can access it like a shared network drive for example. The private key file, should be in a separate location on each users machine; however, these should be moved outside of the App Data directory"

Yes, we all do have the above configurated but unfortunately we still lose connections.

Public key on a shared drive (I) and private key on my personal drive (H\\perry) , my collegue on H\\Dennis

Badge

@brianatsafe​ @perry​ , was there a solution for this problem back then?

Seems like we are facing the same problem.

Kind regards,

Tim

Badge +2

Hi,

unfortunately the issue has never been solved and still remains with the Error Decrypting data.

I can't help you, sorry.

PP