Question

ArcPy - ERROR 001269: Compressing the service definition failed. Failed to execute (StageService).

• 21 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi guys,

I developed a solution for a client to prepare locators by using ArcPy module. In 32 bit it's working fine.

But the client use a FME Server 2017 64 bit. I tested the solution with in 64 bit and now I have an issue with an ArcPy function.

Python Exception <ExecuteError>: ERROR 001269: Compressing the service definition failed.

Failed to execute (StageService).

The function is arcpy.StageService_server. I did some research on web and the only solution I found it's to run it in 32 bit. But like I said before, the client uses FME Server 64 bit.

Any one have a solution for this situation?

Regard,

Jean

5 replies

Finally I found a workaround!!!

I needed to create an external call to Python ArcGIS 32bit and passing parameters needed to call the function StageService_server. In this way, even if I run in 64bit, the subprocess is running in 32bit and it worked.

If someone needs more details on how to achieve this, let me know and I will post my solution.

Regards,

Jean

I needed to create an external call to Python ArcGIS 32bit and passing parameters needed to call the function StageService_server. In this way, even if I run in 64bit, the subprocess is running in 32bit and it worked.

If someone needs more details on how to achieve this, let me know and I will post my solution.

Regards,

Jean

I'm struggling with the exact same issue currently. It would be great if you could share your solution for how you are calling the 32bit Python! Thanks :)

I'm struggling with the exact same issue currently. It would be great if you could share your solution for how you are calling the 32bit Python! Thanks :)

Hi Sonya,

There is the workspace used to call Python in 32 bit.

You will find 2 private parameters, one for the path where is located the python.exe in 32 bit version and one where the Python scripts are located.

You probably need to modify how to pass parameters to your Python Function, but I think this is a good starting to understand how to achieve it.

Hi Sonya,

There is the workspace used to call Python in 32 bit.

You will find 2 private parameters, one for the path where is located the python.exe in 32 bit version and one where the Python scripts are located.

You probably need to modify how to pass parameters to your Python Function, but I think this is a good starting to understand how to achieve it.

Thanks Jean! This is a great workaround! Works like a charm. Thanks for offering up your solution :)

Regards,

Jean

Hi Jean,

Would you please share your solution for how you are calling the 32bit Python!

Much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Tiemin

Email: tsheng8797@gmail.com