Solved

parse xml url to feature reader from another xml

• 28 September 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge

hi all,

I have a question on how to address this. I have an xml that points to another xmls. What Im trying to do is to read the xml form url, get the list of urls pointing to the other xml and read them again so I can list the second nested xmls inside.

Being more clear. Im able to read the xml from url. That sml points to another 50 xml urls that I need to open and use (since inside those xml there are more urls to the zipped data I want).

If if parse the first url to feature reader I cant really get nothing out of it, I have tried also xml flatener,...with no success.

Any tips?

PD: The xml is an atom service to donwload data from.

icon

Best answer by itay 28 September 2016, 21:35

View original

6 replies

Badge +16

Hi @geodavid76 Yes, have you tired the GeoRSS/RSS Feed reader? makes life a bit easier.

Badge

Hi @geodavid76 Yes, have you tired the GeoRSS/RSS Feed reader? makes life a bit easier.

I have tried, however when I parse the URL to the reader and run it I get an error saying that the Http://xxxxx.xml. does not exists in local, what is strange on the other side since reader should be able to read url so far that I know

Badge +16

I have tried, however when I parse the URL to the reader and run it I get an error saying that the Http://xxxxx.xml. does not exists in local, what is strange on the other side since reader should be able to read url so far that I know

Any chance of sharing your source Feed?

Badge
test-xml.xml

this is one of the xmls im having issues with. the main xml has other xmls inside and I need to read those to be able to get the urls to download the gml data.

Badge +16

Hola @geodavid76 very strange indeed and I would let Safe know about this issue. Apparently the GEORSS reader cant handle this source directly.

Luckily there is more than one way to get things done via FME.

This is my take on it, hope this helps.

georss2none.fmw

Badge

Works perfectly now, I also tried that way but was missing to expose the attributes in the correct way. Im new on xml readers and this help was very useful. Thanks so much @itay!