Question

Can't access Minecraft Reader/Writer output with Minecraft for Windows 10

Badge

Hello,

I have some confusion about the two versions of Minecraft- the one you access from Windows Store and the one you get from Mojang.

@dmitribagh maybe you can help- I can't seem to find any info on using the Minecraft Reader/Writer with the Windows 10 version of Minecraft, v1.2.13.

None of my output seems to accessible through the Minecraft software to use as a seed to create a new world. The storage locations for the created worlds are different for the Windows and Mojang editions.

Can FME create output for this version of Minecraft or do I need to have the Mojang Java version installed instead?

Thanks for any help!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

I believe the reader/writer is only capable of reading and writing level.dat and region/r.<#>.<#>.mca

These files are specific to the minecraft java edition.

The Minecraft PE (Windows Store) edition seems to use .ldb files.

Maybe you can use a converter to convert from the Java edition to the PE edition.

Badge

I believe the reader/writer is only capable of reading and writing level.dat and region/r.<#>.<#>.mca

These files are specific to the minecraft java edition.

The Minecraft PE (Windows Store) edition seems to use .ldb files.

Maybe you can use a converter to convert from the Java edition to the PE edition.

Yes, I believe it too, now. What sort of converter would you use to convert to the PE version?

Badge

The best solution, at this time, is to use the Java Edition that you purchase directly from Mojang. That the route I took. The FME Reader/Writer works with that version as described in the FME documentation.

Plus, if you buy the Mojang Java version FIRST, you can then get a coupon/code to get the Windows Store version for free. Wish I knew that at the beginning...