Question

UTM to Lat/long

• 18 August 2016
  • 5 replies

I have a CSV with XY data for Kansas City. I've been told its in UTM. Not sure of the zone though (zone 15?). How do I convert this to Long and Lat?

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Take a look at the CsmapAttributeReprojector.

You can visually verify the UTM zone by using a VertexCreator and a CoordinateSystemSetter before sending it to the Inspector with a background map.

Take a look at the CsmapAttributeReprojector.

You can visually verify the UTM zone by using a VertexCreator and a CoordinateSystemSetter before sending it to the Inspector with a background map.

Awesome! I'll give that a try. Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +16

You can even read the CSV file without using the VertexCreator. Set the coordinate system in the reader and set the attribute datatype to be x-coordinate and y-coordinate. The reader will create the geometry points automatically in the chosen coordinate system. Add an inspector to view in the Data Inspector. Then insert a Reprojector before the inspector to re-project to Lat/Long and view again.

Badge +16

or... Read the csv as a non spatial features and use the attribute reprojector to convert to lat long

Userlevel 4

or... Read the csv as a non spatial features and use the attribute reprojector to convert to lat long

Which is exactly what the CsmapAttributeReprojector does :-)