Question

RasterPyramider issues - multiple rasters created

• 22 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge

When I try to use RasterPyramider for freshly created GeoTIFF or JPG rasters - it creates separate raster files (the number of these equals the number of pyramid layers) - instead of pyramids of individual raster file. Is there anything in Parameters I am missing?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @olokedzior,

The RasterPyramider is designed to create separate rasters for each pyramid level.

The GeoTIFF writer has a setting to automatically create the internal pyramid layers for you. Add the writer to the workspace, the open the Properties of the GeoTIFF Feature Type, choose the Parameters tab, and enable Generate Pyramids:

Badge

Thanks Dave for a prompt reply,

however I don't seem to have that option:

Badge

Hi @olokedzior,

The RasterPyramider is designed to create separate rasters for each pyramid level.

The GeoTIFF writer has a setting to automatically create the internal pyramid layers for you. Add the writer to the workspace, the open the Properties of the GeoTIFF Feature Type, choose the Parameters tab, and enable Generate Pyramids:

Thanks Dave, I can't see the options you showed...

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Thanks Dave for a prompt reply,

however I don't seem to have that option:

Hi @olokedzior. What version of FME are you using? (Help > About FME Workbench).

The parameter is available in FME 2017+

Badge
Hi @olokedzior. What version of FME are you using? (Help > About FME Workbench).

The parameter is available in FME 2017+

Hi Natalie, it's 2016.1.2.1

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Thanks Dave, I can't see the options you showed...

Hi @olokedzior,

What writer are you using, and in which version of FME?