Solved

Search Multiple Excel for Common Attribute

• 25 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have multiple spreadsheets that are emailed to a specific address and stored to a file folder. All of these sheets will contain slightly different headers, however, every spreadsheet will at least have a common identification attribute.

Is there a way I can build a workbench to read through all of these excel files to search and extract this ID number from all excel files?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

icon

Best answer by jeroen 25 April 2019, 08:33

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

Do you mind loading in all the data? This could do the trick for that extracting the test attribute from all Excel files in my temp location. You could tweak this to include subfolders or other file extensions. You could also add the Exposing attributes to the FeatureReader making the AttributeExposer obsolete.

none2none.fmw

Badge

Do you mind loading in all the data? This could do the trick for that extracting the test attribute from all Excel files in my temp location. You could tweak this to include subfolders or other file extensions. You could also add the Exposing attributes to the FeatureReader making the AttributeExposer obsolete.

none2none.fmw

Thanks! Very helpful. This got me what I needed.