Question

FME SERVER API v3 - GET request giving NOT requested items

• 13 September 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +11

Hi FME Server users!

I've been recently playing with the FME Server API, and I've found something that I didn't expected, at least following the specs from the API technical doc: (https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_REST/apidoc/v3/index.html#), from GET : Transformations/jobs/completed section.

I tried the GET capability to gather all the information regarding a specific Workspace which is run under FME Server 2016.

The request states as follow:

XXXX:YYYY/fmerest/v3/transformations/jobs/completed?completedState=success&limit=-1&offset=-1&repository=Built-Up%20Areas &workspace=Unnamed_Multinaming_UpdateLayerLoop_FME2016.fmw&userName=janera&fmetoken=00000000000

As you can see I opted to fill that "WORKSPACE" and "REPOSITORY" parameters, which I assumed to get information back related only to that workspace.

Unfortunately, I'm getting also info from another Workspace which runs periodically from same repository.

My Q. here is: Am I assuming wrongly if the that GET request would give info from only the parametrized Workspace?

Or Am I setting wrong the GET request statement?

Btw, I've tried to remove from the GET statement the REPOSITORY parameter, leaving only WORKSPACE. No luck.

Thanks in advance,

Juan.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I think you mixed request and response.

The implementation notes say:

Retrieves the records for all completed jobs, all currently running jobs, or all jobs waiting in the queue.

So you can request completed / running / queued jobs.

Then the Respose Class say:

request {
NMDirectives (NMDirectives, optional): Notification Manager directives,
TMDirectives (TMDirectives, optional): Transformation Manager directives,
publishedParameters (array[parameter], optional): Workspace published parameters defined for this job,
workspacePath (string, optional)
}

This is the request information. You can see it being returned as well in the response body.

Also, be aware that V3 is in tech preview for server 2016. Which is better than beta but might not be stable.

Badge +2

Hi @juanmahere,

As @nielsgerrits mentioned, in FME Server 2016 Rest API v3 was in Tech Preview and for this particular endpoint it looks like at that time the repository and workspace query string parameters were not supported, so from your current request only the userName parameter is being applied which is why you see multiple workspace results.

I recommend accessing the documentation through FME Server to ensure you have the information relevant to your version. In 2016 this can be accessing by going to Help > Rest API

Then for V3 you will see the completed endpoint has fewer parameters than in the current documentation release:

Badge +11

Hi again, thanks for such quick reply! ;)

You're completely right @nielsgerrits and @hollyatsafe, I was using the beta V3, from which I assumed the implementation parameters were also given back into the response output, and doesn't work like that.

Thanks for helping me out!

Juan.