Question

FME Server trial license get by offline mode can not be actived every time.

We applying FME Server trial licenses for our customer in China. And for the strict network management, we should only use offline mode. And we send the json file to codes@safe.com.Then it will auto return a license file, but this license file can not be actived. We have feed back this problem to safe many times ,but it still exist. This problem will influence our promotion of FME and it will take a long time to get every trial license. Can someone help us to answer and solve the problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 4

I've done this quite a lot for both demo and production licenses and I've never experienced any problems so far.

Can you please be a bit more specific about what happens when you try to activate the license? Error messages and screenshots etc. would be very helpful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
I've asked someone at Safe to get in touch and assist with the issue. Let me know if you don't hear from them shortly.

Badge +2
We are now actively investigating this issue.

Badge +2

Just to close the loop on this investigation. The cause of the issue turn out to be related to the email server (likely on the receiving end) with which the license file was transferred. An extra line return (empty line) was added to the end of the license file, during the email transfer, which caused license to be invalid, when uploaded to the Server. We were not able to reproduce this issue with the file we sent out. And once the extra line return was removed from the license file on the client end, it could be activated fine on the Server.