Solved

Add Web Connection without GUI

• 29 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I have an Ubuntu 16.04 VM on Amazon EC2 and installed FME there. Due to compatibility issues, it is not possible for me to get a GUI when establishing a remote connection the the VM. I developed some FME workspaces on another computer and want to run them on the Ubuntu VM. As one of the workspaces uses an ArcGIS Online Reader, I need to add a web connection to the FME installation.

However, I haven't found a way to accomplish that without a GUI so far. Is it possible to add the web connection thorugh the command line? Or Can I add the web connection in FME installation from another computer (with GUI) and copy a specfic config file to the other installation?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Greetings,

André

icon

Best answer by egaru 5 December 2017, 13:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

As far as I know this is not possible.

Embedding the connection parameters will always work of course, that might be the easiest way to do this.

Alternatively, the connections are stored in a file called fme_connections.data, which is an SQLite database. Manually adding entries to that is probably not going to work due to the fact passwords are encrypted (of course), but you may want to try copying that file from your machine-with-GUI. This does mean the machine-without-GUI has the same named connections (Database and Web) as the one with-GUI, which may not be what you want in the long run.

Ah, yes, I found the file in C:\\Users\\<USER>\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME. First, I got an error but by copying 'fme_privateKey.jceks' and 'fme_publicKey.jceks', as well, it worked.

Thanks a lot for your help!