Question

recursive RasterCoercer success, then failure

• 30 July 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi, I'm relatively new to FME and having inital success with the recursive rastercoercer, however after success on 6 files, my FME workbench log begins to reports failure after the first 6 saying;

"Unable to open output file 'V:\\WORKING_TEST_AREA\\imagedata\\0800_ASK_W3309\\FME_out\\0800_ASK_W3309_012.dbf' -- check that the directory exists, close any other programs, and try again" and this continues for all remaing files.

Thoughts?

GOAL

1) generating raster extents of ECW into .shp, <-- fails here before completing

2) capturing the centroid XY of the shp and attrib to X and Y items,

3) evnetually renaming ECW based on concatentation of X_Y coords.

Thanks,

RL

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi RL,

Do you mean the rasterextentscoercer or the rastercellcoercer?

I havent encountered any problems in the past with the rasterextentscoercer for multiple rasters.

You can also try the boundingboxreplacer on your rasters, followed by the centerpointreplacer for the XY coords.
Thanks Itay! Turn out there was an issue with memory on one of the connected workstations and something equavalet to the scratch space was insufficent. once I atempted on more robust workstation, it worked as expected.

However always looking for new, different, possible more efficent ways to perform tasks and I'll have to try boundingboxreplacer and centerpointreplacer.

thanks again,

RL