Solved

FME Cloud task schedulling

• 13 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

Quick question, is it possible to schedule a task in FME Cloud to run between certain hours day 8-5pm at 1 minute intervals. Leaving time in the evening for some chunkier tasks to run?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by oliver.morris 18 December 2017, 17:19

View original

4 replies

Badge

Hi @olivermorris,

In the FME Cloud context there are two types of scheduling mechanisms available:

FME Cloud instance schedules

FME Server schedules

Assuming that you want to run a scheduled FME Server task (workspace) only between 8 am to 5 pm on your FME Cloud instance (that is still running after 5 pm to process other tasks), the answer is yes.

I would suggest creating two additional scheduled tasks, one that enables your first task (the one running at one-minute intervals) at 8 am and one that disables that same task at 5 pm every day. This way your one-minute interval task is running every day between 8 am to 5 pm. To enable or disable your task you will only need a workspace with a Creator and an HTTPCaller that calls the FME Server REST API. This endpoint lets you modify (enable/disable) a scheduled task:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_REST/apidoc/v3/index.html#!/schedules/update_put_3

You only need to change the "enabled" key to either "true" or "false" in the JSON object in the body.

Let me know if this works for you!

Badge +10

Hi, thanks for the advice, actually I ended up using the CRON functionality which did the job.

Thank you

Badge

Hi, thanks for the advice, actually I ended up using the CRON functionality which did the job.

Thank you

Hi @olivermorris,

Awesome that you got it to work with CRON! Would you mind sharing your CRON expression with the community in your answer? This could be very helpful for other users stumbling across your question.

Thanks,

Gerhard

Badge +10

I used the cron tab generator and the run on cron function in FME cloud job scheduler

https://crontab-generator.org/