Question

SpatialRelator: using outputs in ListHistogrammer

• 24 June 2013
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Being new to FME, I am looking for what probably is a simple answer (at least so I hope!).

Here's the case: I have a set of line features for which are supposed to be connected to point features at either end. I want to test this relationship, and obtain the total number of connected and non connected lines.

I use SpatialRelator to test the spatial relationship between the two feature classes. After this, I figured I should use ListHistogrammer in order to obtain the list I want, by computing the histogram for the "Related Candidate Count Attribute". This should result in a histogram for the values 0 (not connected on both ends), 1 (connected on 1 end) and 2 (connected on both ends).

However, when using the output from the SpatialRelator as input for the ListHistogrammer, I have no possibility to select the field I want (which I called Join_Count for ease of reference). How can I use the input for the SpatialRelator for the ListHistogrammer, and how do I obtain a text file with the resulting histogram?

I hope this makes any sense. If someone believes another method would work better, I would be glad to learn!

Many thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

The ListHistogrammer creates a histogram of the values being contained in a list as elements, so you should create a list of Join_Count values beforehand. To create a list, take a look at the ListBuilder etc.

Takashi
Badge +3
Related cnadidates are withing a list.

Standard settings: _relationships

Test for _related_candidates = 2 and explode list.

then tru to histgrammer.

Badge +3
...same goes for historgrammer.

It results in a list.

U have to explode it to get to its elemenst.  (or index it )