Question

best way to extract raster from geometry

Badge +7

Hi,

I wounder what the best way could be to extract raster from geometry? In this case, extract an ortophoto from a terrain mesh. I have tried the AppearanceExtractor which works fine. The aim is to extract the ortophoto and write it as a jpeg, then read it in the workflow and replace it on the terrain via AppearanceSetter. Works fine, but I only need one feature (face) which contains the ortophoto to write to jpeg. In one test the terrain contains 62 faces, so I use the sampler to sample First N Features to get the first face and ortophoto. The problem I find is that all other 61 faces need to be processed to output "NotSampled". So depending on the terrain mesh and no. of faces this could take quite some time. I wounder if First N Feature is found, then stop processing rest of features?

Hope it makes sense. Thanks!

2 replies

Hi, the sampler performance won't really change between 1 or 62 raster features. What will take away performance is actually reading 62 rasters instead of only 1. Maybe you could use the "Max Features to Read" parameter in your reader ? That would let you read only 1 feature instead of processing them all. Hope this help.

Badge +7

Hi, the sampler performance won't really change between 1 or 62 raster features. What will take away performance is actually reading 62 rasters instead of only 1. Maybe you could use the "Max Features to Read" parameter in your reader ? That would let you read only 1 feature instead of processing them all. Hope this help.

Hi @alexist​ 

Thanks for this reccomendation. It helped alot!