Question

TestFilter with similar test conditions or Multiple Testers?

• 13 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a set of Rain Gage Thiessen polygons where I would like to test for the IDs that are in a certain area. The areas of the Thiessen polygons and the underlying areas overlap, so there are instances where a Rain Gage may need to go to multiple output ports for further calculations.

TestFilter uses If...Then so if I test for RG #6 to go out output port 'A', I am assuming that it will never go out port 'B'.

One solution is to connect the input ports to multiple Testers in parallel. This ensures that RG #6 goes to both areas. This works but I'm trying to see if there is a transformer or more efficient process where a single input record can go out multiple output ports.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Could you use the Conditional values option in the AttributeCreator to do different calculations based on test clauses?

Then define when this calculation is used

Badge +16

if you are spatially relating the polygons you can use the resulting attribute (_overlaps if using the areaonareaoverlayer) in the if then else statements in the testfilter which supports your own defined output ports.

So for example if a gage only overlaps with one area (_overlap =1) and the #RG is 6 the create output port 1, if it relates to two areas then create output port 2 and so on.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mikeszwaya, How did you determine that, for example, the #6 rain gage is related to the two areas - A and B? I think the SpatialRelator and ListExploder might help you depending on the data condition and your requirement.