Question

Using SurfaceDraper to extract multiple z-value of a point on a surface model

• 7 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I have few points with known x and y coordinates. I can successfully use SurfaceDraper to extract z-value of those points. But it seems to get one z-value for points touch on one surface. If I have a point that can touch two surfaces, I cannot get two z values but any one only. How can I get two z-values?

Is there any other transformer to extract multiple z-value of a point on multiple surface?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I've done this by using 2 SurfaceModellers, same drape feature, different surface features. In between I use a CoordinateExtractor to grab the z-coordinate and a 2DForcer to 'reset' it.

Badge +16

I think @redgeographics is on the right track, it all comes down to how you retrieve the z value, if you retrieve it into the same attribute it will be overwrite the previous value.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that :) The 2 different z-values are stored in different attributes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Another thought, create clone points of the number of surfaces overlapping at the point to collect different z values for the same location from multiple surfaces.