Question

Convert Point into Line between two line

Badge

I have a Point Between Two Line , I need to Convert those point into Line of certain lenght

15 replies

Badge +8

Maybe you can try the PointConnector.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Can you post images to illustrate the original point and two lines, and the required line that should be created from the point?

Badge
Hi, @rajibtechlabs. I agree with @takashi - can we please have more information? Is there an ID that you can use to determine which lines to use for each point, or do you want to figure that out spatially? Once you have two lines and a point selected, do you want the new line to be created so that it passes through the point and is perpendicular to the existing lines (as in sample A below)? Or do you want the new line parallel to the existing lines (As in sample B below)? Or something different?

Badge +8
Hi, @rajibtechlabs. I agree with @takashi - can we please have more information? Is there an ID that you can use to determine which lines to use for each point, or do you want to figure that out spatially? Once you have two lines and a point selected, do you want the new line to be created so that it passes through the point and is perpendicular to the existing lines (as in sample A below)? Or do you want the new line parallel to the existing lines (As in sample B below)? Or something different?

Or something like that?

Badge

Maybe you can try the PointConnector.

Want to Convert Green Point into Line

Badge

I have created an example workspace for you. In the workspace, ignore the creators - I am just using them to create the 2 original lines and a point in the middle. I have created an numeric user parameter for the length.

Then used an AttributeCreator to calculate the offset using the Pythagorean Theorem. Then offset the point in 2 directions, and used the LineBuilder to connect the points.

Here is the result!

NOTE: This will only work for horizontal lines. You will need to modify it to work for lines with a different orientation.

See attached for the workspace.

-Courtney

Badge

I have created an example workspace for you. In the workspace, ignore the creators - I am just using them to create the 2 original lines and a point in the middle. I have created an numeric user parameter for the length.

Then used an AttributeCreator to calculate the offset using the Pythagorean Theorem. Then offset the point in 2 directions, and used the LineBuilder to connect the points.

Here is the result!

NOTE: This will only work for horizontal lines. You will need to modify it to work for lines with a different orientation.

See attached for the workspace.

-Courtney

shapefile.zip

Thanks @ courtney_m

Your File is working fine , but when i tried with my shape file ,result is nor Coming .Will you please check it wih my shape File is attached
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Your image is not enough to illustrate the conditions and requirements, so I try presuming.

• A switch-point touches end nodes of just two bus-bar line.
  • Original two bus-bar lines related to the same switch-point are on the same straight line.
  • Length of bus-bar lines should not be changed though the processing.
  • End nodes of bus-bar lines opposite to switch-point should not be moved through the processing.

In this image, for example, L1 and L2 (gray lines) are the original bus-bar lines, and L1' and L2' (blue lines) are the lines after inserting a switch-line (red line) that has a certain length.

Here, L1 and L2 are on the same straight line, and the lengths of L1' and L2' are the same as L1 and L2 for each.

Have I presumed your requirement exactly?

Badge

Your image is not enough to illustrate the conditions and requirements, so I try presuming.

• Original two bus-bar lines related to the same switch-point are on the same straight line.
  • End nodes of bus-bar lines opposite to switch-point should not be moved through the processing.

In this image, for example, L1 and L2 (gray lines) are the original bus-bar lines, and L1' and L2' (blue lines) are the lines after inserting a switch-line (red line) that has a certain length.

Here, L1 and L2 are on the same straight line, and the lengths of L1' and L2' are the same as L1 and L2 for each.

that's exactly i want this solution

Badge

shapenew.zip

Thanks @takashi workbench is working fine ,but in some case it not working please see in image. sample shape file attached .

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Naturally a switch-point that doesn't satisfy the conditions and requirements I assumed at first won't be converted to a line.

If a switch-point that matches just one bus-bar should also be transformed into a line, clarify what kind of shape is finally required.

Badge

1)Switch between Two busbar

2) Switch between Two HTCABLE

3) Switch between one busbar and One HTCALBLE

4) Switch connected one side busbar or HTCABLE

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

My solution supports 1), 2), and 3). Just use all the polylines (BUSBARS and HTCABLES) like this.

However, 4) is a completely different condition from others, and you didn't mention any requirement on this condition before. In the case 4), should the switch-point transform into what shape? If you need to create a line segment from the point, should connect between from where to where? Can find no answer unless you specify the requirements exactly.
Badge

Requirements is to Convert Switch into Line in following Condition

1)Switch between Two busbar

2) Switch between Two HTCABLE

3) Switch between one busbar and One HTCALBLE

4) Switch connected one side busbar or HTCABLE

5)Nothing is Connected at both end.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

In the conditions 1) - 3), the direction of the resulting lines will be determined naturally, because the lengths of L1, L2, and Ls are given and the resulting switch-line has to connect between the end nodes of the two lines. As I described with an image and expressions above.

However, in the condition 4), it's unclear how the direction of the resulting line should be determined. What is the rule to determine the direction of your desired switch-line, in the condition 4)?