Question

subscriber workspace does not run against posts to JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS/FAILURE notifications

Badge +4

I published a simple workspace to the FME server's Job Submitter service with the Job Completion notification posted to JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS/FAILURE topics. Then I published a second simple workspace (Creator and Logger just for testing) and add it to the subscription to the same topics. I would expect when I run the 1st workspace and at the end of it, the 2nd workspace should be run. But it did not. I can see the 1st workspace was run in the Topic Monitoring, but didn't see the 2nd job to follow up. Did I miss anything? I also tried using a new topic, instead of the out of box JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS/FAILURE topic, but no luck.

20 replies

Badge
How do you run the first workspace? From the FME Server web interface?

And how do publish the second workspace?

Badge +4

@larry, yes run the 1st on the FME server web interface.

Badge

@larry, yes run the 1st on the FME server web interface.

Are you publishing the second workspace to the notification service?

Badge +4

@larry, I tried both publishing to the notification service, and publishing first and adding it to the subscriber in the Web UI. Neither works.

Badge

@larry, I tried both publishing to the notification service, and publishing first and adding it to the subscriber in the Web UI. Neither works.

What version of FME Server are you using?

Badge +4

2017.0, both server and desktop

Badge +4

The folder watch publication and subscription works great.

Badge
The folder watch publication and subscription works great.

I tested with FME Server 2017.0.0.2 and this is working as expected.

What do you see in the push log?

Home>Logs>core>current>subscribers

Badge +4

There is nothing recorded in the push.log for today.

Badge +4

Ours FME server is 2017.0.1.1

Badge
There is nothing recorded in the push.log for today.

Can you send a capture of you subscription like this one:

Badge +4
Can you send a capture of you subscription like this one:

I set up a push subscriber like your screen, and got this in the push.log file:

Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:42:26 PM INFORM main 802002 : Subscriber "push" is updating configurations ...Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:43:26 PM INFORM main 802002 : Subscriber "push" is updating configurations ...Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:44:22 PM INFORM pool-1-thread-2 802006 : Push thread 14: Sending HTTP message to URL: "POST http://phoupgisapw108/fmenotification/Support/Subscriber.fmw?opt_servicemode=async&opt;_topic=JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS HTTP/1.1" with subscription "test_push"Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:44:22 PM ERROR pool-1-thread-2 Push thread 14: Failed to send HTTP message. Status code: 500, reason:

Badge +4
I set up a push subscriber like your screen, and got this in the push.log file:

Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:42:26 PM INFORM main 802002 : Subscriber "push" is updating configurations ...Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:43:26 PM INFORM main 802002 : Subscriber "push" is updating configurations ...Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:44:22 PM INFORM pool-1-thread-2 802006 : Push thread 14: Sending HTTP message to URL: "POST http://phoupgisapw108/fmenotification/Support/Subscriber.fmw?opt_servicemode=async&opt;_topic=JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS HTTP/1.1" with subscription "test_push"Wed-02-Aug-2017 01:44:22 PM ERROR pool-1-thread-2 Push thread 14: Failed to send HTTP message. Status code: 500, reason:

The above push log happens after the 1st workspace is run.

Badge +11
Hi @ag! I am curious if you tried using the FME Workspace Subscriber instead of Push Subscriber – does that work?

Badge +4
Hi @ag! I am curious if you tried using the FME Workspace Subscriber instead of Push Subscriber – does that work?

@Rylan, yes Workspace subscriber is the 1st thing I want and tried. The subscriber worspace is not triggered by the topic messaging.

Badge
Given what we tried so far and the 500 error you are having in the logs, I guess the next step is to open a support case with SAFE (https://www.safe.com/support/).

Badge +4

Can anybody do a simple test -- create a workspace with just Creator and Logger. Published to Job Submitter with the job completion posted to JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS/FAILURE topics. Create a second workspace with just Creator and Logger, publish it to the server and create a workspace subscription with it for the same Topics. Run the 1st workspace, and see if it triggers the run of the 2nd workspace.

This simple test does not work for me. I don't see the 2nd workspace is triggered to run at the end of the 1st workspace run.

Badge

Can anybody do a simple test -- create a workspace with just Creator and Logger. Published to Job Submitter with the job completion posted to JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS/FAILURE topics. Create a second workspace with just Creator and Logger, publish it to the server and create a workspace subscription with it for the same Topics. Run the 1st workspace, and see if it triggers the run of the 2nd workspace.

This simple test does not work for me. I don't see the 2nd workspace is triggered to run at the end of the 1st workspace run.

This is also working for me but I see nothing in the logs (FMEServerShare\\resources\\logs\\core\\current\\subscribers\\_workspace.log) as I had before in the push log.
Badge +4
This is also working for me but I see nothing in the logs (FMEServerShare\\resources\\logs\\core\\current\\subscribers\\_workspace.log) as I had before in the push log.
Thanks for the testing. The logs should have nothing. I will open a case.

Badge +2

Hi @ag

Can you confirm that you're seeing messages come through for JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS or JOBSUBMITTER_ASYNC_JOB_FAILURE when using topic monitoring and running the initial workspace?