Solved

Creating individual polygons

• 12 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have two MicroStation Files, one is a parcel map with parcel numbers inside each parcel polygon. The second file is a right of way polygon that intersect the parcels. How do I create individual parcel polygons of just the right of way intersections and attribute each polygon with the parcel number?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 12 March 2020, 22:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @dszarka,

You can attribute the parcel polygons with the parcel number using PointOnAreaOverlayer transformer, with Attribute Accumulation set to Merge Attributes. After this, you can use a Clipper transformer to clip the attributed parcels by the right of way polygon.

Badge

Hi @dszarka,

You can attribute the parcel polygons with the parcel number using PointOnAreaOverlayer transformer, with Attribute Accumulation set to Merge Attributes. After this, you can use a Clipper transformer to clip the attributed parcels by the right of way polygon.

Thank you for your suggestions. I was able to almost accomplish what I wanted to do. The thing that I'm still struggling with is how to write out only the polygons and parcel numbers that have an overlap of 2.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thank you for your suggestions. I was able to almost accomplish what I wanted to do. The thing that I'm still struggling with is how to write out only the polygons and parcel numbers that have an overlap of 2.

Hi @dszarka,

You can test the value of the _overlaps attribute in a Tester transformer.