Question

Extracting photos from a FileMaker database

• 19 November 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi,

I am trying to extract jpg images from BLOBs in a FileMaker database via an OCBD connection, using SELECT ... GetAS(Picture_ID). Feeding a single feature containing the picture ID to SQLExecutor works fine, causing the image file or files to be stored by the subsequent AttributeFileWriter. However, feeding 2 or more perfectly valid features causes the SQLExecutor to fail with the message "Error running translation".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steinar

3 replies

Badge +21

Hei Steinar!

You can try to create the SQL before the SQLExector with a AttributeCreator with the following options:

Attribute Name: _SQL

Attribute Value: SELECT * FROM XX (your sql here)

Then I would add an inspector or logger between the AttributeCreator and the SQLExectur to see the complete SQL before runnning the SQLExectur. You can then copy/paste this exact expression to your DB-tool (MS SQL Development, MS Access, Filemaker?) and see if it works. 

Possible reasons it might fail:

- Wrong quotes or table names

- Empty values

Good luck!
Badge
Thanks Sigbjørn!

I'll fiddle a bit more with this when I get around to it, but I suspect that this might be a problem with the FileMaker ODBC driver. Like I described, feeding feature A or feature B to SQLExecutor works, but feeding them both fails.

Steinar

Badge
Just for the record: I have installed the latest ODBC driver for FileMaker - problem solved.

Steinar