Solved

RCaller - error in library ("sqldf")

• 20 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I am getting this error message when running FME script with RCaller transformer:

"RCaller(InlineQueryFactory): InlineQueryFactory failed with exit code 1 when executing R script. Output was: Error in library("sqldf") : there is no package called 'sqldf'

Execution halted

InlineQueryFactory failed to execute scripted code.

RCaller(InlineQueryFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details"

I have the following settings in FME Options:

R Interpreter Path:

C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-3.2.2\\bin\\x64\\Rscript.exe

Shared FME Folders:

H:\\My Documents\\R\\win-library\\3.2\\sqldf

Please advise whatever I'm missing here.

Thanks,

Wilfredo

icon

Best answer by LizAtSafe 20 September 2017, 22:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Hi @willydevera, 

You need to open up R Studio or whatever program you use to write your R code and add the package. All R packages need to be installed within R before they can be called in FME. 

In R Studio:

install.packages('sqldf') 
library('sqldf')

After you call library('sqldf') then R will tell you if you need to install any other packages, continue installing the packages and checking with library until there are no error messages, 

Then you should be able to run your workspace in FME. 

Badge +7

Hi @willydevera, 

You need to open up R Studio or whatever program you use to write your R code and add the package. All R packages need to be installed within R before they can be called in FME. 

In R Studio:

library('sqldf')

After you call library('sqldf') then R will tell you if you need to install any other packages, continue installing the packages and checking with library until there are no error messages, 

Also don't forget to install the package as an administrator. FME can't access an R package that is installed in a User library!

Badge +3

Hi @willydevera, 

In R Studio:

library('sqldf')

Thanks Liz.  I will have to request IT to install the packages as Administrator.  I have already installed the packages on R however as user and it didn't work. Will apprise you as the IT request is taking a while :-)

Hi All,

I do get the error when trying to call library(Sqldf).

Loading required package: sqldf Warning messages: 1: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, : there is no package called ‘sqldf’

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Hi All,

I do get the error when trying to call library(Sqldf).

Loading required package: sqldf Warning messages: 1: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, : there is no package called ‘sqldf’

Installing the sqldf package needs to be done in R Studio first before FME can access it.

Here is a link to the RCaller documentation which goes through how to set up the required packages in more detail. There is also a great RCaller tutorial series which I would recommend checking out.

Hope that helps!

-Liz

Badge +3
Thanks Liz. I will have to request IT to install the packages as Administrator. I have already installed the packages on R however as user and it didn't work. Will apprise you as the IT request is taking a while :-)

Hi Liz & Nathan,

Folks, I just want to thank you again - the RCaller transformer works.

As of today October 26, 2017, IT has just installed R and its library packages as Administrator in my machine. I tested the FME script that has RCaller transformer and it worked! I no longer get that "sqldf" error. :-)

Kind regards,

Wilfredo

Userlevel 2
Badge +14
Hi Liz & Nathan,

Folks, I just want to thank you again - the RCaller transformer works.

As of today October 26, 2017, IT has just installed R and its library packages as Administrator in my machine. I tested the FME script that has RCaller transformer and it worked! I no longer get that "sqldf" error. :-)

Kind regards,

Wilfredo

@willydevera,

Excellent! Glad this worked for you

-Liz