Solved

Documentation about Installing a Floating License on macOS

• 13 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

In the FME "Desktop Administrator's Guide" there are only instructions regarding Installing a Floating License on Windows / Linux.

How to install a Floating License on Mac OSX 64-bit?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by jovitaatsafe 15 August 2019, 19:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @sardusx_63,

Thanks for your question! Quick preface that I am not a mac user myself, but I checked in with some colleagues who are, and it looks like it is not very common to install the floating license server on MacOS, if that is what you are looking to do? (Or are you trying to license your FME Desktop on Mac)? The reason for this is that the installation on Mac does not have an interface like in Windows, and you would need to do it through the command line.

The Installing a Floating License on Linux should be able to walk you through the installation on Mac, and there may be a few quirks, such as some differing syntax specific to Mac. Another link you will need is the downloads page, scrolling down to the Floating License Installers for FME Desktop, where there is an install for Mac OSX 64 bit. According to this Q&A on FME floating license server specifications, there should be more documentation within the installer itself.

If you run into any issues with it, please post back and let us know!