Solved

LineOnLineOverlayer, events and LRS

Badge

Hi,

I have 2 lines which overlap. Every line has start width and end width.

Ex: line_id_1 with start_width 1m, end_width 5m, from measure 0 to measure 100

Line_id_2 with start_width 2m, end_width 4m, from measure 50 to measure 80

I’m using LineOnLineOverlayer to get 3 events from measure 0 to measure 50 and from measure 50 to measure 80 and from measure 80 to measure 100.

What I need is to have the width of line_id1 from measure 0 to measure 50, also width from measure 50 to 80 and finally width from for the line_id_1.

I used LineOnLineOverlayer, then listIndexer, then MeasureExtractor and then aggregator (the Aggregator is to get the information that I have 2 events from 50 to 80).

It is not important to use the same approach, if there is another solution to do the overlap between the 2 lines.

thanks

icon

Best answer by gio 2 November 2017, 18:31

View original

11 replies

Badge +3

Extract points at measures (for instance snipper). Create id for point.

Duplicate and add serialnumber.

Get angle of line at pointlocation.

Ofsetter to offset sufficiently (to intersect border of polygon) using angle (+ and - 90 degrees).

Pointconnector to create line out of the points. (group by point_id)

LineOnArea overlayer and tester to get line piece.

Get its length.

Badge

thanks, I did not understand (which polygon). Actually I have lines and descriptif information. I will create TaperBuffer after that.

Badge +3

@miladahmad

Ah, ok i thought u needed width of polygon fo the tapered buffer at measure.

I did build an example.

You want length of line between the measures (word "width"confused me there..)

OK.

Use measure extractor. Use list.

Explode the list.

Create a attribute with adjacent feature. Create a attribute "measure_to" = feature[+1]._measures

Use a snipper on the lines, mode=distance. Start = measure End = measure_to.

Lenghtcalculator on the result.

Badge +3

@miladahmad

Might as wel post the workbench for you...

This extract width of polygon at measures but line-pieces between measures are created first as the geometry is needed in the proces..

Badge +3

addendum

you can also use snipper in measure mode (relative to startpoint) and then enter the list name from the measure extractor if your measures have mulitplier >1 (my posted fmwt i created them by densifying the polyline and created measure with the multiplier=1)

come to think of it,..maybe I'm misinterpreting the question..?

Just an overlay of the lines with measures?

Badge +3

@miladahmad

Ok,i made a measure merge.

I think its your question...

addendum: chop the result by vertices =2 for your requirement. I forgot to put that in workbench.

Badge

thanks a lot.

I did not explained it correctly.

I already have extracted the measure. I want just to have the change in the amount of buffer (because I want to use Taperbuffer). Lets say I want to have 2 attributes : one for start and one for end of line (because I'm using the LineOnlineoverlayer then the start and end change at every new measure).

thanks again

Badge +3

@miladahmad

That is what the last workbench I posted does.

measuremerg.fmw.

Check it out.

Badge

@miladahmad

That is what the last workbench I posted does.

measuremerg.fmw.

Check it out.

I'm thankful for your help.

measuremerg is what I have done (what I need is the change in the values of the following attribute : start_buffer_amount and end_buffer_amount)

Badge +3

@miladahmad

Ok, now i get what you want.

It is easier then you think.

Counter, statisticscalculater and attributecreator. Mostly it resides in the attributecreator.

Here is workbench measuremergenodeordersinglethread.fmw

Have fun!

b.t.w. the attribute accessing adjacent or subsequent listelements stays colored red. This is not a error, it works fine.

Maybe safe should check this..?

Badge

@miladahmad

Ok, now i get what you want.

It is easier then you think.

Counter, statisticscalculater and attributecreator. Mostly it resides in the attributecreator.

Here is workbench measuremergenodeordersinglethread.fmw

Have fun!

b.t.w. the attribute accessing adjacent or subsequent listelements stays colored red. This is not a error, it works fine.

Maybe safe should check this..?

thanks a lot. now it is 100% what I want.

thanks again and have a nice day.