Question

How do I use TextStroker Version 2

• 23 April 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

With TextStroker [version 1], there was a parameter "Text String Attribute". This contained the string attribute which was to be stroked. Worked fine.

However, in TextStroker V2 this parameter is gone. I now don't appear to have any way to tell the TextStroker what it is meant to be working on.

I tried putting a GeometryCoercer (to FME_Text) in front of it, but of course that doesn't let you pick an attribute either.

So how do you use TextStroker V2? What am I missing?

Cheers,

Jonathan

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Jonathan,

A text feature has a hidden attribute which stores the text string, called "fme_text_string". Is it the thing you need?

Takashi
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Takashi,

Hmmm. That seems to be a user-interface regression - they've hidden something that was exposed in an earlier version.

But then - how do I turn something intoa  fme_text_string? Or do I just use the AttributeCreator/Setter?

Thanks,

Jonahtan

Userlevel 4
Hi,

you can just use an AttributeCreator (or equivalent) to set a suitable value for "fme_text_string" manually.

David
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Yep that works. But I'll feedback to Safe that it seems like a regression anyway.

Thanks for the assist!
Userlevel 4
That is good to hear.

I do agree that "fme_text_string" should be mentioned in the TextStroker documentation, at the very least.

David