Solved

Uncooked Spaghetti and its connected partners

Badge

Morning All, I have 4 lines, (A,B,C,D) all connected together in a straight line (like a piece of uncooked spaghetti). Its trivial to establish that A is connected to B, B to C and C to D. How do i establish that A is connected to C and D ? i have tried using the network topology tools to work out that all the segments are on the same network graph but ran out of ideas ( this isn't my preferred approach anyway). Are there any others ways/suggestions/techniques is should think about. Can FME iterate thru objects? ie spatial relate A to B, then B to C then pass this info back to A ? Many Thanks for your suggestions /input

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 9 March 2016, 21:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

You can use the LineJoiner to merge the connected lines. If you use the list option you will get a list of attributes from all the merged lines. That list will contain 4 entries in this case (A, B, C and D). This list can be used to check if lines are connected (via other lines) as the are in the same list.

Badge

You can use the LineJoiner to merge the connected lines. If you use the list option you will get a list of attributes from all the merged lines. That list will contain 4 entries in this case (A, B, C and D). This list can be used to check if lines are connected (via other lines) as the are in the same list.

Many Thanks Erik.

May you never get broken Spaghetti !

Thanks again, Steve