Solved

Split a range address in multiple list addresses

• 12 September 2016
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I want to split an address which are in range (from-to) example 12-24 Collins Street, into separate

attributes:

12 Collins Street

14 Collins Street

16 Collins Street

18 Collins Street

20 Collins Street

22 Collins Street

24 Collins Street

I thought of doing it with a pythoncaller, but could get it to work well

Any suggestions

icon

Best answer by rudy_v 12 September 2016, 23:39

View original

6 replies

Badge +5

I believe this can be done without resorting to Python. I've had a quick look at it and I think I have a possible solution using AttributeSplitters and a Cloner. It works for the example you provided. I've attached an example workspace. Let me know if this is what you were looking for!

Badge +16

Hi,

I agree with @kim, python is not necessary, but probably can provide a solution.

I have attached my take on it, which is 100% FME....

Hope this helps,createadressrange.fmw

Badge +7

Hi @rudy_v,

This question can indeed be solved using Python but there is also a pure FME option. My suggestion can be found below. If you would like to use Python anyway, just let us know and we will help you with that!

The used method in the workspace below is calculating the range, the number of addresses to add, afterwards you clone the feature and update the address field.

Good luck!

workspace-addressranges.fmw

Badge +16

Hi,

I agree with @kim, python is not necessary, but probably can provide a solution.

I have attached my take on it, which is 100% FME....

Hope this helps,createadressrange.fmw

Workspace

All of the above solutions above worked for me. Great work all of you.

We use this kind of address splitting and matching all the time. Previously i did the splitting in Access with code and later in SQL, but it is much easier in FME running on server

I will use this in my GeoCoding service, probably build a custom transformer

I would like to accept all 3, but it seems you can only have 1

Rudy

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

All of the above solutions above worked for me. Great work all of you.

We use this kind of address splitting and matching all the time. Previously i did the splitting in Access with code and later in SQL, but it is much easier in FME running on server

I will use this in my GeoCoding service, probably build a custom transformer

I would like to accept all 3, but it seems you can only have 1

Rudy

True - there can be only one! So I accepted your answer. I'll just mention that there is a geocoder transformer in 2017 now, that connects to a whole bunch of different services. You'll still need the address splitting you asked about, but perhaps it will help with the following geocoding.