Custom transformer weirdnesses

• 12 March 2014
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3
Custom transformer weirdnesses

2 replies

Badge +3
..hhmm still can't get the hang of posting..

I have a general question concerning creating custom transformers.

I created a embedded transformer wich has a set of input attributes.

Within the this embedded transformer an attribute "Bron" (Dutch for "source") is entered as one of the inputs.

This attribute is used 4x as a group attribute.

Aslo i had some keepers in the transformer.

Now comes the fun.

As soon as i save it as a custom transformer FME decides on its own to create Paramaters out of the group_by values and keepers.

The keepers i could reset, by choosing the keep attribute within the cumstomtransformer.

But the goupvalue, though entering the transformer is not accessible. So the transformer has 4x a "Group By" inputattribute.

Even more strange that 1 of these is actually a group by on 2 attributes.

I tried to acces the attribute; paramterfetches, dereferening whatnot, it always ended up like Attibutename=Bron and Value=Bron.

Eventualy put it at the start of the customtransformer, still no dice.

Then, huh??, i removed the parameterfetcher etc. and now it get passed trough the transformer. But it is nowhere to be seen in the transformer.

Here is what the transformer creates ( a 2 point input example and a binary devision):

Begin and end show no "Bron" attribute. Parameters in left panel do.

Output on the cutsomtransformer in the main workspace shows "bron" in output.

The inspector shows "Bron" in attribute output list.

???!! WTHIUWT??

Gio

Badge +3
Hi all.

I found that removing multiinput and reattaching it wil pass the source attribute described in post.

(on change in the custom..and its gone again)

Generaly i think custumtransformers have a hard time when used mutliple times or with multi object inputs.

Linking and unlinking ( and in case of multi instance, remove and re-add) seems to set it straight, as long as u don't do some changing in the custom..

huhm..thats bad, Mkay?