Question

3 FeatureMergers or 1 InlineQuerier

• 25 November 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi guys,

I have a point dataset A that is buffered from point dataset B by 50, 100 and 150 metres, with resulting 3 tables.

I want to merge all three tables via unique ID number but I only want each record to display once i.e. a point within 50 metres will be in all three tables, I only want the 50 metre point... a point within 100 metres will show in the 100 metre table and the 150 metre table, I only want the point from the 100 metre table.

Is it better to use multiple FeatureMergers (3) to get the desired output or to use an InlineQuerier. I don't have strong SQL skills so any examples would be appreciated. Using FME 2015.1

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

3 replies

Badge +16

Hi @daveapegg, I would suggest using the MultiBufferer and that way avoid your issues with duplicate ID's.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @daveapegg, if you already have the three tables, I don't think you have to think of merging them. Just read the three tables in the order of buffer size ascending (50m, 100m, 150m), you can then discard duplicate points with a DuplicateFilter (DuplicateRemover in FME 2015) easily.

Badge

Thanks heaps for your answers guys, very much appreciated!