Solved

create points with measure attribute

Badge +6

Hi Guys,

i know many users ask something in that way (myself too) but its a little bit different, bcause i didnt find the exact answer to my question.

i have a polyline, gave a measure on it and produced vertices (PolylineAnalyzer) with an attribute where the extracted measure (MeasureExtractor,etc..) is saved and an attribute with the route_ID on it.

Then i have produced a flat line with the same length as my polyline and also an attribute with the route_ID on it.

How can i set my points (vertices) on this flat line (with the extracted measure attribute)?

I've read some answers from other linear referencing questions and tried some things but:

now I'm here!

but i don't think its too complicated.......merge, list, explode,....?!?

Thx and Greetz

Franco

icon

Best answer by takashi 25 October 2016, 12:02

View original

16 replies

Badge +16

Hi @franco69, If these points are on the produced line, I would try (or maybe you already did?) the PointOnLineOverlayer, which will effectively, slice up your produced line and by doing this introduce start end vertices.

After that its a matter of joining the newly produced line segments (route_ID) into a longer line with the LineJoiner.

Hope this helps.

Badge +6

Hi itay,

the points (vertices) are not on the produced line......

the produced is now a flat line with same length as the polyline where i've extracted the vertices and i want them measures now on the flat line as points.

Greetz

Franco

Badge +16

Hi itay,

the points (vertices) are not on the produced line......

the produced is now a flat line with same length as the polyline where i've extracted the vertices and i want them measures now on the flat line as points.

Greetz

Franco

Maybe it was a bit confusing, what I mean by 'are on the produced line' is do they have a spatial relationship with the produced line.

What do you mean by 'flat' line? no 3D? or a straight line?

Badge +6

with flat line i meant its a straight line and the vertices and the straight line have only the route_ID in an attribute as common.

Badge +16

with flat line i meant its a straight line and the vertices and the straight line have only the route_ID in an attribute as common.

Ok, that means you can recreate (or extract) the vertices and merge them to the straight line with the route_ID

create-points-with-measure-attribute.fmw

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @franco69, if I understand your requirement correctly, this workflow might help you.

Result:

Badge +6

Hi Takashi,

so u mean the MeasureExtractor after the MeasureGenerator which is set after original polyline?

then I get measure values like this (table view: all _measures are 0), (info view: _measures attriutes have 1.#QNAN)

?

what is my fault?

Greetz Franco

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi Takashi,

so u mean the MeasureExtractor after the MeasureGenerator which is set after original polyline?

then I get measure values like this (table view: all _measures are 0), (info view: _measures attriutes have 1.#QNAN)

?

what is my fault?

Greetz Franco

I assumed that you have generated measure already. If the original polyline did not have measure, of course generate measure with the MeasureGenerator before the MeasuerExtractor.

Badge +6

Hi Takashi ....yes I have generated measure and after that I set your workflow.....the result is mentioned in my post above.

Greetz

Franco

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi Takashi ....yes I have generated measure and after that I set your workflow.....the result is mentioned in my post above.

Greetz

Franco

hmm... Please check if there is any difference between your workflow and the attached demo (FME 2016.1.2): flat-line-with-measure-vertices.fmw

Badge +6

I've checked it...I didn't find the error....your workflow is working...not mine...but here a screenshot of results..... the measure attribute is strange....

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I've checked it...I didn't find the error....your workflow is working...not mine...but here a screenshot of results..... the measure attribute is strange....

Connect Inspectors to the MeasureGenerator and MeasureExtractor to check if the measure values have been generated correctly.

Badge +6

I've checked it again and I found the error.....it was my fault of course ;-)

I had a destination measure name on my "old" Measure Generator (which I need for other processes inside the workflow) and it was also _measure....that collided with the destination attribute in the MeasureExtractor of course .....now it does function....thx a lot

Greetz

Franco

Badge +6

But I have an additional task for the future maybe:

now the polyline is from left to right....what if the polyline runs from right to left and I want the flat line also do so?

Greetz

Franco

Badge +6

now the polyline is from left to right....what if the polyline runs from right to left and I want the flat line also do so?

Greetz

Franco

maybe only a "-" in the attribute that creates then the X coordinate?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Greetz

Franco

Yes, if you set -@Value(_measure) (the negative measure value) to the X Value parameter in the VertexCreator, the resulting line starts at (0,0) and goes to the left direction.

You can also use the Rotator to rotate the line with any angle.