Question

dll's on fme server

• 10 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hallo!

I have a general question about the dll's on fmeserver. There seem to be a lot of people having problem with this, but I cannot really find a good solution for it. In my company we have many scripts running on the server (2017.1.2.1 build 1775.) In my case I have made sure to use the same version when I develop in fme workbench.

Often we have .dll's that can be found but not loaded, and the script doesn't do its job. This causes frustration for our customers. (An interesting perspective is that we didn't have any problems in our test-server, but they started right away on the production-server). We have tried to analyse if there is any systematics in this (specific scripts running just before, changes in python-version, engine-specific etc., but with no good results).

Is there a way to get by with this problem?

/Anne

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi @anwe! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles here. Please get in touch with our Tech Experts Team so we can work with you to resolve this.

It will be helpful if you reference this Q&A URL and include any information regarding your deployment type (and any post-install configs) of FME Server. Log files for FME Server that contain the specific errors would be helpful too so we can search on the exact string to determine possible root causes.

We definitely want to get this working for you as this is unexpected behaviour!

Kind regards.

Badge

Thanks! I will get in touch with the tech team:)

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Not sure if you ever succeeded in working through this issue, however, I ran into this issue on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019. Issue wasn't present on Windows 10.

Testing on Windows Server 2022 I was unable to reproduce the issue.