Solved

FME Server 2019 Error: The log file for job ID "2613" does not exist

I've search quite a bit and can't seem to find an answer. Why would a log file not get created? If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. -Kurt

icon

Best answer by k1 6 June 2019, 00:55

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Did you upgrade from an older version of FME Server?

In that case the sequence number for log entries might not have updated.

In that case I would submit a support request at www.safe.com/support

Holly at support pointed me in the right direction. This was a simple problem of too low disk space. I could not figure out why the log was disappearing. Settings --> System Cleanup.

Badge +2

Holly at support pointed me in the right direction. This was a simple problem of too low disk space. I could not figure out why the log was disappearing. Settings --> System Cleanup.

If anyone else runs into this issue this page of the documentation has more information.

Badge +1

Hi,

I have the same problem. I don't have low disk space. I couldn't solve the problem.

I use Fme server 2020.

how can i solve this problem?

Thank You,

Badge +1

If anyone else runs into this issue this page of the documentation has more information.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I don't have low disk space. I couldn't solve the problem.

I use Fme server 2020.

Thank You,

Badge +2

Hi,

I use Fme server 2020.

Thank You,

Hi @ssisman06,

If it's not due to low disk space then the first two things that come to mind to check are:

1. The job is over 7 days old - other than low disk space there is a system clean up task to delete logs and by default this is set to remove logs after they are a week old (Task Name: Delete_Job_Logs).

2. Does the translation itself fail and this only occurs for a specific workspace, i.e. if you run a workspace from the Samples Repository does this run and produce a log successfully? Then there may be some issue with the submission request. which will require a bit more investigation.

Hi,

I use Fme server 2020.

Thank You,

Hi @ssisman06​ : did you get this issue resolved?

i have same issue after the upgrade to FME server 2020.1.2.1

Hi @ssisman06,

If it's not due to low disk space then the first two things that come to mind to check are:

1. The job is over 7 days old - other than low disk space there is a system clean up task to delete logs and by default this is set to remove logs after they are a week old (Task Name: Delete_Job_Logs).

2. Does the translation itself fail and this only occurs for a specific workspace, i.e. if you run a workspace from the Samples Repository does this run and produce a log successfully? Then there may be some issue with the submission request. which will require a bit more investigation.

This did not work for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

Hi @ssisman06​ : did you get this issue resolved?

i have same issue after the upgrade to FME server 2020.1.2.1

I've experienced the same after upgrading. Editing the schedules to set the username and password again fixed my issue.

In my case the FME Server Engine (fmeserver user) didn't have permissions to write in the log catalog. Our FME Server Engines after machine reboot are starting with root permissions, we need to change that to fmeserver user.

Badge +1

Does anyone know where I would go to check if it is low disk space or some other problem?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @danielwebb​ ,

You can confirm if you are experiencing low disk conditions by viewing the fmecleanup.log in Resources>Logs>service>current/old.

Hope this helps!

-Kezia