Question

updating metadata from SDE to SDE

• 23 November 2015
  • 3 replies

I like to read and write metadata from SDE to SDE total of 275 features after 65 features the proces stops suddenly. I get a message like this: "All features of feature type 'RT_NHPAD' will be ignored because the Geodatabase Writer does not have support for features with the geodb_type of 'geodb_metadata' ". Does anybody have a suggestion?

3 replies

Badge +7
Which writer are you using? The ArcObjects writer or the API Writer? The first one should have support for metadata feature types, according to the docs. Seems to me you're using the Geodatabase API writer, which doesn't support this. Keep in mind though that you do need to have a licensed ArcGIS installation on your computer to be able to use the ArcObjects writer (and still require a 32-bits FME installation).

thanks for the ansher but i am using metadata to write from SDE to SDE connection. However on the target side i split them up on fme_feature_type. Ill take a look at the docs for more info.
Badge +7
thanks for the ansher but i am using metadata to write from SDE to SDE connection. However on the target side i split them up on fme_feature_type. Ill take a look at the docs for more info.

Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough... Because of the error message, I assumed you were actually writing to a File Geodatabase.

In the feature representation section of the documentation of each writer, you should get your answer. If you use the Esri ArcSDE Geodb writer (not the Esri ArcSDE one - that's old), it should support it, so it seems...