Solved

Find polygons that overlap at least 80% with another layer

• 24 May 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a layer with around 50,000 polygons (land parcels). I have another 20 different planning overlay layers that cover different extents.

I would like to produce a report/CSV of land parcels for each planning layer listing the land parcels that will be affected by that planning layer.

At least 80% of the property should overlap with planning overlay to qualify. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

What I tried so far:

I tried with clipper but is there a way to set a buffer percentage. I tried the AreaOnAreaOverlay and SpatialRealtor and I could not understand the way they work so I could not get that working. Do we have a recorded webinar video on these transformers?

Thank you,

Thiru

icon

Best answer by david_r 24 May 2016, 17:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4

How about first calculating the original area (AreaCalculator) and store it in an attribute. Then use the clipper to clip the polygons with the other layer. For the features that exit the Inside port of the Clipper, re-calculate the new area into a different attribute and calculate the difference in area before and after the clipper and test for >= 80 %.

David