Question

Multicriteria analys from DEM. How to categorize these in intervalls?

• 27 September 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

I have a DEM file and I have created a slope by degree from it. But I need to categorize these something like 1-5 very good conditions, 6-10, 11-20 neutral and 21+ is bad.

Question 1: How do I create this? Also need to add some kind of grade. Like 100-0 where 100 is perfect conditions.

After this I need to analyse the type of ground the surface is (forest, trickle etc). I need to grade these also.

Question 2: Is it possible to use many different criteria’s and end up with what surface area probably is the best one to use for the project?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @flugan87,

Question 1:

To tackle question 1, have you taken a look at this tutorial here on using the RasterExpressionEvaluator to reclassify rasters? The example uses elevation, however you could just as easily sub the slope attribute in instead. I'm not entirely certain about setting the grade, are you looking to scale your class ranges? If you're looking to give the classes a string name, then the AttributeCreator would be a good idea. Check out some raster transformers in our transformer gallery, there's a lot you can do with rasters.

Takashi's answer in this Q&A; may also be a helpful resource in looking at more examples of how to classify data using this transformer. He also goes a step farther in how to display these different classes effectively.

Question 2:

Looking from this blog post here, I believe it is possible to make your MCE analysis. This one is a good example that might give you some more ideas with how to go about your workflow.