Question

Data Download email with dynamic message

• 25 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +22
  • Contributor
  • 1961 replies

In FME Server 2019, I would like to run a workspace with the data download service that generates an email containing both the {downloadURL} and a message coming from an attribute.

If I use the Email body template on the subscription,<fmeblock type="optional">Click here to download the result: {downloadUrl}</fmeblock>, then I can get url, but not the attribute data.

If I use the EMailGenerator/FMEServerNotifier then I can get the attribute data, but not the url.

Thoughts on how to get both?

Note that using {downloadURL} in the subscriber_content for the FMEServerNotifier, doesn't work, as it's not resolved.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Setting up a workspace that saves data to a temporary location (FeatureWriter) and then sends an email (Emailer) gives you a lot more control over the message, even though it is a bit more of a hassle to set up. It does give you access to both the download location and original attributes though.

You'll have to use the Job Submitter service rather than the Data Download one to run the workspace.

Badge +22

Setting up a workspace that saves data to a temporary location (FeatureWriter) and then sends an email (Emailer) gives you a lot more control over the message, even though it is a bit more of a hassle to set up. It does give you access to both the download location and original attributes though.

You'll have to use the Job Submitter service rather than the Data Download one to run the workspace.

That may be possible. I have several writers, so I would have to to figure out the best way to create the zipfile. The Emailer doesn't work (IT security restriction) but an FMEServerNotifier would.