Question

How can I rename read feature types in dynamic workflows before writing them such that they don't cause the writer to complain about no matching feature types or change the schema from the original feature type?

Badge

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @asapnet, every feature holds its feature type name as a format attribute called fme_feature_type, and you can overwrite its value with a transformer if necessary.

Badge

@takashi I'm aware of the fme_feature_type attribute, but in my experience, simply changing its content won't transfer the originally-read schema to the new name so that the writer can find it. And I can't use SchemaSetter to fix because it adds ALL attributes to the schema, not just those in the originally-read schema.

Badge +22

It should be reasonably simple to set the schema to the original feature type and the output to a new name, the trick is to set the schema definition to the original feature type, not the default output name.

Badge

It should be reasonably simple to set the schema to the original feature type and the output to a new name, the trick is to set the schema definition to the original feature type, not the default output name.

@jdh That did the trick, thanks!