Solved

Emailer Attachment

• 23 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a workflow where I attach the intermediate result of a workspace to an Email as an Excel spreadsheet but I have troubles writing only one file. The Emailer documentation hints at using TempPathNameCreator and a FeatureWriter but I could not find any concrete examples on FME hub. When I run the translation every feature is written to a separate Excel file instead of a single one. I'm sure this can easily be done but I can't figure out how. Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by itay 23 October 2019, 10:03

View original

5 replies

Badge +16

Hi @kasparlov,

How is the FeatureWriter configured? can you share a screendump of the settings?

Badge +7

Hi @kasparlov,

How is the FeatureWriter configured? can you share a screendump of the settings?

Hi, the current setup looks like this:

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @kasparlov,

Ahh, yeah, for each feature passing through the TempPathnameCreator you will get a new path. Instead of directing all your features though it you can use a separate branch with a Creator to create the temp path. Make sure the FeatureMerger is set to Suppliers First so that it doesn't cause a memory block.

Badge +16

Hi, the current setup looks like this:

Yes @virtualcitymatt is correct a single feature for a single path is needed.

Badge +7

Thank you @virtualcitymatt, it works now as expected.