Question

Knowledge Center: Updates for August 2016

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi FME'ers - here's an update on new functionality in this knowledge centre, for which I'm shamelessly attempting to copy the style of the Slack Release Notes.

Besides these updates, we're working on other items like custom badges, so we can give all of you the recognition you deserve for FME-specific actions.

FME Knowledge Centre: August 2016 ("Reach for the Stars")

• Colored borders on profile pictures. Are these users targeted for something? Yes! Aim your questions at them. Orange means the user is a Safe Software employee. Green means an official Safe Software partner. We know everything. Go on, try us!
  • Stars on profile pictures are like a Walk of FaME! It means they are certified FME'ers. From left-to-right the stars mean Certified Pro, Certified Trainer, Certified Server Pro. Only @aaronkoning has the Server Pro star because he whined until we gave it him. Everyone else will need to take the exam!
  • The Refine Search dialog was a shy creature that only appeared now and then. It's been given an ego boost and now appears all the time. It also updates automatically based on whether you are looking at Ideas, Articles, or Q+A.
  • Knowledgebase article icons got a tooltip, so you can tell an FAQ from an Error from a How-To. It's not much but the icons are happy, and if they're happy, you're happy; right?
  • Profiles now show "accepted answers" as an absolute number, not a percentage. Because just one accepted answer doesn't make you 100% perfect. At least, not any more!
  • We've upgraded to AnswerHub 1.6.4 making the knowledge centre platform more stable. Neigh!
  • The long list of categories (spaces) on the right-hand side of the page has been removed. Because no-one ever reads to the end of a long list of items. Am I right? Oh... is anyone still there?

15 replies

Badge +9

Great update @Mark2AtSafe, I have to say I was trying to figure out what they all meant. So my question is if I am a safe software partner, certified professional/trainer how do we go about getting a border and stars? Or do we have to earn them again!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Great update @Mark2AtSafe, I have to say I was trying to figure out what they all meant. So my question is if I am a safe software partner, certified professional/trainer how do we go about getting a border and stars? Or do we have to earn them again!!!

Good question. All you really need to do is ask your Channel Manager. In the interest of privacy and to give users the option, we did not flag any partner who was using an e-mail address or persona that did not match the address logged in our CRM (i.e. if you are in the community using your private gmail rather than you corporate email address, then we did not immediately assume that you wanted to be flagged in that way.) If you are a Safe Partner and would like your Community User to be highlighted in this way then we will do this upon request.

Badge +9

Good question. All you really need to do is ask your Channel Manager. In the interest of privacy and to give users the option, we did not flag any partner who was using an e-mail address or persona that did not match the address logged in our CRM (i.e. if you are in the community using your private gmail rather than you corporate email address, then we did not immediately assume that you wanted to be flagged in that way.) If you are a Safe Partner and would like your Community User to be highlighted in this way then we will do this upon request.

Thanks Robert!

Userlevel 5

Excellent news, thanks for the update!

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Great updates, but if I only enter my username in the Authored by and leave all other fields default I get this:

I am sure I posted a few questions and ideas.

Why do they not show in the list?

Userlevel 5

Great updates, but if I only enter my username in the Authored by and leave all other fields default I get this:

I am sure I posted a few questions and ideas.

Why do they not show in the list?

Can confirm, I get the same thing.

Also, when typing the username it is unable to autocomplete usernames with underscores in them:

Typing only the first part works, however:

Userlevel 2
Badge +16
Can confirm, I get the same thing.

Also, when typing the username it is unable to autocomplete usernames with underscores in them:

Typing only the first part works, however:

HI @david_r,

Looks like you found the issue.

Both our usernames have an underscore.

I tried with another username (without underscore) and then the filter works fine.

Erik

Badge +16

Huh Huh where can i sign up for the test? :) how much whining is necessary otherwise?;)

Userlevel 5
HI @david_r,

Looks like you found the issue.

Both our usernames have an underscore.

I tried with another username (without underscore) and then the filter works fine.

Erik

I'm wondering if I should change my username to Bobby Tables...

https://xkcd.com/327/

Badge +1

Very nice! Now wheres my star? ;o)

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Huh Huh where can i sign up for the test? :) how much whining is necessary otherwise?;)

We have a few chosen users helping us to work out the process now. It should be open for general applications very shortly (I'm thinking just a few weeks). Keep checking the certification page.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Very nice! Now wheres my star? ;o)

We're just setting up the system to sync with the backend/database. But I'll set you manually since you asked so nice ;-)

Badge +1
We're just setting up the system to sync with the backend/database. But I'll set you manually since you asked so nice ;-)

Yes! Thanks Mark
Userlevel 4
Badge +25
I'm wondering if I should change my username to Bobby Tables...

https://xkcd.com/327/

Depending on the encoding "David Underscore Reksten" could be just as bad. In fact, it apparently is. Never mind, I know we're working on this and will get it fixed shortly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Yes! Thanks Mark
I see other stars appearing already, so I guess it was just a matter of time anyway.