Question

reject results outside of usable range during projection

I have a large dataset where naturally a number of coordinates will be incorrect and fall outside the UTM zone constraints. Rather than the projector using multiple transformations and attempts at plotting them and thus resulting in a large area, can I have a setting that will reject the bad coordinates?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you have a dataset of your zone you could use the Clipper, SpatialFilter, or an overlayer transformer. If you don't have a dataset you could probably create a polygon representing it. The east-west extents just follow a line of longitude, don't they?

If you have a dataset of your zone you could use the Clipper, SpatialFilter, or an overlayer transformer. If you don't have a dataset you could probably create a polygon representing it. The east-west extents just follow a line of longitude, don't they?

This is just a regular database table with UTM coordinates in it that I am creating a feature class from.

I'm currently trying the clipper with the state boundary and will check out the other 2 you mention as well to see which one will work. I have a few field type errors for some reason so it's making it difficult right now but once I resolve this I can actually see if it worked haha!