Solved

AreaCalculator: Invalid parameter 'REJECTABLE'

Badge

If I run a model with FME Desktop, there are no issues. If I run the same model with the same input in FME Server, I get the following error:

AreaCalculator(TeeFactory): AreaCalculator: Invalid parameter 'REJECTABLE'

What does this error mean, and why is it occuring only in FME Server?

icon

Best answer by jdh 5 December 2016, 16:16

View original

10 replies

Badge +16

You place a logger to the AreaCalculator ports and possibly get more valuable information.

The only 2 possibilities for parameters in the transformer are the type and multiplier, any strange values provided as paramaters? are all the features going into the AreaCalculator areas?

Badge +22
Are you using the same build of FME in desktop and server? The rejected port on the AreaCalculator only came in this past year.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Your FME Server installation seems to be of an older version (or built) than your FME DEsktop installation. This can cause errors in transformers that have been changed in the meantime.

Userlevel 4
Are you using the same build of FME in desktop and server? The rejected port on the AreaCalculator only came in this past year.

Agree, definitely need to check this first. The most important bit is to make sure that FME Desktop doesn't have a higher build number than your FME Server.

Badge

Your FME Server installation seems to be of an older version (or built) than your FME DEsktop installation. This can cause errors in transformers that have been changed in the meantime.

That is indeed the case. Is it possible to downgrade Transformers? Upgrading FME Server at this point would be to much effort I'm afraid.

Badge

Also: I see that the same issue occurs for example with the LengthCalculator. I'm using currently FME Desktop b16492 and FME Server b16177. When I check the information of the LengthCalculator in the model I see "Last Parameter Edit: Build 16167". This means that the last change to this transformer is done before my FME Server build. How is this problem still possible in this case?
Badge +22

As far as I am aware, the only way to "downgrade" a transformer, is to copy it from an existing workspace.

You are probably better off installing the same version of fme desktop as server on a local machine. You can have multiple versions of FME installed on the same machine, just provide different install paths.

All the released versions of FME are available at http://www.safe.com/support/support-resources/fme-downloads/archived/
Userlevel 4
That is indeed the case. Is it possible to downgrade Transformers? Upgrading FME Server at this point would be to much effort I'm afraid.

You can always copy-paste an older version of a transformer, but I wouldn't recommend it as there are other ways a mismatch between the Desktop and Server version can manifest itself.

I highly recommend that you downgrade your FME Desktop version to the same build number as used on your FME Server.

You can find older versions of FME here: http://www.safe.com/support/support-resources/fme-downloads/archived/

Userlevel 4
Also: I see that the same issue occurs for example with the LengthCalculator. I'm using currently FME Desktop b16492 and FME Server b16177. When I check the information of the LengthCalculator in the model I see "Last Parameter Edit: Build 16167". This means that the last change to this transformer is done before my FME Server build. How is this problem still possible in this case?
The problem is that FME isn't guaranteed to be forward-compatible, only backwards-compatible. So even though your old build can read the fmw file created by the new build, there are many ways in which that old version can get confused by the file contents that might be structurally different from what it is able to comprehend.

Badge

Ok, using an older build of FME 2016 did indeed the trick. Thanks for support!