Question

How to define an ESRI geodatabase multipoint feature class using an external schema table definition?

• 2 September 2016
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to define a transformation process between Intergraph GeoMedia SQL Server Warehouse (Reader) and Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb API) (Writer) using FME Workbench 2015. I have defined a schema file in a spreadsheet that is added in the Workspace Resources (Schema - From Table) to be used as Schema Source for my writer. The features that I am reading are coming with geometries like: `fme_geometry' has value `fme_aggregate' and `fme_type' has value `fme_point' OR `fme_geometry' has value `fme_point' and `fme_type' has value `fme_point'. Basicly this means that my source contains multipoint features and single point features. In my schema file I have defined the Geometry Type Value as fme_point. When the process tries to write the multipoint feature it fails with the message: Failed to write Geometry to feature class … with geometry type 'esriGeometryPoint'. The process works if I manually set the geometry output to geodb_multipoint but I want to keep that dynamic using the schema file.Is there a way to define the geometry type in the schema file so multipoint features can be written?

1 reply

Badge

Hi, I am trying to do the same, did you manage this and if so how?

thank you!