Question

FMEServerJobSubmitter Job not queued

• 1 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Using FME Desktop and Server 2016.1, I created a workspace that uses FMEServerJobSubmitters to start a series of jobs on the FME Server, all depending on the previous job.

This process works as designed, even with just 1 engine.

But if another process has claimed the engine, the workspace fails with the error that no license is available.

I would have expected my job to go to the queue.

Has anybody else experienced this behavior of the job submitted via FMEServerJobSubmitter?

If so, can this be avoided in any way?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16
@aaronkoning @stewartharper Any idea from the FME Server team?
Badge +21

Have you had any "hard fail jobs" ? Try to restart FME Server - and then run the workspace again. Sometimes an engine gets "stuck". I have experienced this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Have you had any "hard fail jobs" ? Try to restart FME Server - and then run the workspace again. Sometimes an engine gets "stuck". I have experienced this.

Thanks for the reply @sigtill. We restarted the server and that solved the issue, because the engine became available.

But next time somebody else claimed the engine before this process starts running it will be the same.

My issue is that I expected it to be queued if the engine is not available, instead of returning an error.