Question

AreaAmalgamator FME 2019 possible bug?

• 16 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi,

The AreaAmalgamator does not seem to work in FME2019, when I use the same data and workspace in FME2017 it works fine. Even when there is no data passing the AreaAmalgamator it makes the workspace crash, when I use a dummy polygon input to the AreaAmalgamator in the same workspace it works. I have this problem on Workbench and Server 2019.

Thanks for any help:)

Best/

Johan

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Can you share a sample workspace/data (which is causing the crash) here? Which build number are you using?

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @northswejohan,

Definitely interested in this one! Would you be able to provide a sample workspace/data as @redgeographics had suggested? A full log file would also be useful to get your build number so we can give it a try on our end and see if it's an issue that we need to file for our development team to look over. Thanks!

- Jovita

Badge +6

We recently migrated to FME 2019.2 and discovered that the AreaAmalgamator was causing the workspace translation to crash when receiving no data to consume. This has been reported to Safe Software support team and was filed with number FMEENGINE-62317. This issue has an impact on our operations. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. The proposed workaround is to put the AreaAmalgamator in a child workspace and call it with a WorkspaceRunner...

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

We recently migrated to FME 2019.2 and discovered that the AreaAmalgamator was causing the workspace translation to crash when receiving no data to consume. This has been reported to Safe Software support team and was filed with number FMEENGINE-62317. This issue has an impact on our operations. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. The proposed workaround is to put the AreaAmalgamator in a child workspace and call it with a WorkspaceRunner...

Thanks @olivier for sharing the PR number and workaround! I've linked this Q&A to the issue reported and we'll post here again when the issue has been addressed. You'll also be notified of any resolution through your case emails.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@northswejohan @olivier This problem is now fixed in the latest FME 2020 betas.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

@northswejohan @olivier This problem is now fixed in the latest FME 2020 betas.

Thanks for update us!