Question

Dynamic Read/Write: Reader Schema Feature Type different value from Feature Type Attribute Value

• 23 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

So this could be something really basic. I have an FGDB that is created from an ArcSDE Reader. The Feature Class Names are of the format:

SDESchema.Feature Class Name

However, the FGDB Open API Reader instead reads the Schema Feature with the fme_feature_type replacing the "." with a "_" like this:

SDESchema_Feature Class Name

The problem comes then when try to use this in a Dynamic Writer, because now the Schema Feature has a fme_feature_type attribute that uses a "_" in place of the "." but the Features themselves are attributed with the original format with the "." qualifier, and the Writer complains that it didn't get a matching Schema definition for the Features it is trying to write, because of the mismatch created by the Reader.

One workaround would be to use a StringReplacer on the fme_feature_type attribute to make them match, but I feel I'm missing something obvious?

1 reply

Badge +3

At the risk of answering my own question. In the Dynamic Writer I realised you could use a formula for the Schema Definition Name, which is along the lines of the string replacement solution I was originally thinking.