Question

Is that possible to change size of a feature type box ?

• 14 December 2018
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Cause table & attributes name are longer than the available size. And the over solution is not so simple to use.

7 replies

Userlevel 4

If you hover over the right or left edge your can grab and drag it to any width:

As a GIF:

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

If you hover over the right or left edge your can grab and drag it to any width:

As a GIF:

This has been available for the last few years. Older versions of FME do not have this capability!

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

As a GIF:

You can also double click to auto expand to the width required to display the text in full

Userlevel 4

This has been available for the last few years. Older versions of FME do not have this capability!

Yes, if I'm not mistaken it was introduced in FME 2015. Time flies...

Userlevel 4

You can also double click to auto expand to the width required to display the text in full

That's a great tip, but I think it only looks at the feature type name, not the attribute names. If only the attribute names are too long, you'll have to expand it manually.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

That's a great tip, but I think it only looks at the feature type name, not the attribute names. If only the attribute names are too long, you'll have to expand it manually.

Changes are coming in this area for FME 2019. I think the default behaviour will be to size for fit... Do test the betas, fiddle with the settings, and let us know what you think... (Check the options in Appearance->Canvas Node Display -- should have everything you'd want..)

Userlevel 4

Changes are coming in this area for FME 2019. I think the default behaviour will be to size for fit... Do test the betas, fiddle with the settings, and let us know what you think... (Check the options in Appearance->Canvas Node Display -- should have everything you'd want..)

Thanks for the tip. Just had a look, works great! :-)