Question

String Function in Attribute Manager

• 14 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have an attribute string such as 6-6.35@4T. Where the 6 before the "-" is size (which can be a two digits such as 12). The characters between the "-" and the "@" are a depth measurement (and could also be something like 20.50). The number after the "@" is a clock position and can be in the range between 1-12. The alpha character at the end is indicative of a type.

We captured the characters before the "-" as a size attribute. We did this using the string function - @Left(@Value(In_A),(@FindString(@Value(In_A),"-"))).

What is stumping us is how to capture all characters between the "-" and "@" as a depth attribute and the numbers after the "@" as a clock position?

We would like to accomplish this in the attribute manager if possible.

Any help is much appreciated.

4 replies

Badge +2

@jim In the StringSearcher you can use regex sub-expressions:

^([0-9]{1,2})-([0-9]+.[0-9]+)@.([A-Z])$

The () return sub-expressions that are then exposed by the StringSearcher as lists. The {1,2} mean one to two characters.

_sub_expressions{0}.part 6_sub_expressions{0}.startIndex 0_sub_expressions{1}.part 6.35_sub_expressions{1}.startIndex 2_sub_expressions{2}.part T_sub_expressions{2}.startIndex 8

I've attached a small example (2019.2): regex.fmw

Userlevel 4

The simplest solution is probably to use a StringSearcher with a regex and then use the AttributeRenamer to rename the individual match items. Example:

0684Q00000ArL8WQAV.png

Sample input:

6-105.35@10T

Output:

`size' has value `6'
`depth' has value `105.35'
`position' has value `10'
`type' has value `T'
Badge +3

@jim In the StringSearcher you can use regex sub-expressions:

^([0-9]{1,2})-([0-9]+.[0-9]+)@.([A-Z])$

The () return sub-expressions that are then exposed by the StringSearcher as lists. The {1,2} mean one to two characters.

_sub_expressions{0}.part    6_sub_expressions{0}.startIndex    0_sub_expressions{1}.part    6.35_sub_expressions{1}.startIndex    2_sub_expressions{2}.part    T_sub_expressions{2}.startIndex    8

0684Q00000ArLJrQAN.png

I've attached a small example (2019.2): regex.fmw

Almost. The last . needs to be followed by a + to capture a string like 12-20.50@12A. And I would also put brackets around them to capture the clock position as a list element

^([0-9]{1,2})-([0-9]+.[0-9]+)@(.+)([A-Z])$

See https://regex101.com/r/enQYWi/2 (I replaced [0-9] by \d)

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If you were desperate to do it all in the AttributeManager then you could, it's not very readable though

For the depth you replace all the characters before and including the - with nothing, then you replace from that result, all of the characters after and including the @ with nothing

For the clock you replace everything up to and including the @with nothing, and trim the T off the end