Solved

Scheduling tasks with AD authentication

• 26 January 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi

We have a problem running scheduled tasks when we activate AD-authentication on our FME Server 2015. We get the following message in the log:

MEServerJobSubmitter(ServerJobSubmissionFactory): Could not initialize connection to server "localhost". FME Server error: `Authentication failed: Failed to bind to Active Directory with the given username and password.'

Anyone got this to work ?

Kind regards

Guha,

Stockholm Water

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 26 January 2016, 18:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

HallÄ Guha

I've asked our Server team but I think this is something you should file with our support team (safe.com/support) or the support team of your local reseller.

Looking in the documentation, I did find something that might help diagnose the problem:

• Ensure that SECURITY_DEBUG=true is set in the fmeCommonConfig.txt. This configuration parameter is located under the 'Security Management' heading. With this debugging flag enabled, all interactions with Active Directory are logged.
  • Look in the fmeServer_* log files for messages with '(Active Directory)' or '(Single Sign-On)'. These files are located in <FMEServerDir>/Logs.

This might provide more clues as to what the problem is.

Sorry I can't be more help. But let us know what you find if you try this.

Regards

Mark

Safe Software Inc.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

HallÄ Guha

I've asked our Server team but I think this is something you should file with our support team (safe.com/support) or the support team of your local reseller.

Looking in the documentation, I did find something that might help diagnose the problem:

• Ensure that SECURITY_DEBUG=true is set in the fmeCommonConfig.txt. This configuration parameter is located under the 'Security Management' heading. With this debugging flag enabled, all interactions with Active Directory are logged.
  • Look in the fmeServer_* log files for messages with '(Active Directory)' or '(Single Sign-On)'. These files are located in <FMEServerDir>/Logs.

This might provide more clues as to what the problem is.

Sorry I can't be more help. But let us know what you find if you try this.

Regards

Mark

Safe Software Inc.

I'm told it should work. It may just be the password in the FMEServerJobSubmitter.

Badge +8
Hi, I sort of encounter the same problem, which I worked around using HTTPCaller and a REST call to JobSubmit a workspace on FMEServer. This works fine, however, if I try to Trigger a notification using the HTTPCaller, I get the same Error (401, Authentication failed: Failed to bind to Active Directory"). I generate a token first before I submit the HTTP request.