Question

FME Server Backup failure - scheduled tasks

• 17 February 2014
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade to FME Server 2014 by producing a backup in FME Workbench. It fails to read the features when I try to include the scheduled tasks. I've previously noticed that in the web console only 100 of our tasks are displayed and we have nearly 500 setup so I think it might be to do with this. Is there a limit and how do I get round it if there is and do the backup?

Thanks,

Peter.

2 replies

Badge +2
I'm not aware of any limitation but I would recommend letting Safe know that you've so many Scheduled Tasks as they may not have imagined that users would want so many.

In the case of your workbench, if it fails as soon as you include the scheduled tasks, try utilising the "Max Features to Read" Advanced Reader Parameter and set it to perhaps 100. In the case where it fails automatically whilst reading features over a specific number you may need to split your workspace into multiple via the "Max Features to Read" and "Start Feature" parameters. 

It could be the case that it is failing to read a specific scheduled task for some other reason like an unexpected character existing in the parameters. Utilising a Feature Inspector (Inspection menu) would help you narrow down as to what feature (if any) is troublesome.
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your reply. I've upgraded to FME Server 2014 and it is displaying all of our Scheduled Tasks correctly now. It is very slow to list them all though!