Question

Set logging level for FME server job

Badge +3

Is there a way to set the logging level on a workspace on FME server? You can set logging level on your desktop by pressing Tools -> FME Options and unchecking/checking options in "Log Settings". We specifically want to not log information.

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi

I had a good look in the documentation, but could not find anything that indicates this is possible.

However, unless there is a very good reason I'd recommend leaving the log files as-is, as it is invaluable if (when) something unexpected happens. If you're worried about excessive disk use, make sure to enable the FME Server cleanup task and perhaps also set them to run more frequently.

David

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

As far as I know the settings for the logging level (set in the FME Desktop options) are stored in the FMW file. So after publishing the file to FME Server the same settings should apply.

Userlevel 4

As far as I know the settings for the logging level (set in the FME Desktop options) are stored in the FMW file. So after publishing the file to FME Server the same settings should apply.

According to my testing the settings seems to be saved only in the current user's registry settings (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Safe Software Inc.\\FME Workbench\\Settings) and not in the FMW.

Someone from Safe should help us out here :-)

Badge +10

Hello,

In the message.properties files there is a parameter that will increase the logging level. For more information in the logs you change the DEBUG_LEVEL = SUPER_VERBOSE

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/ReferenceManual/message_logger_properties.htm?Highlight=verbose